This course focuses on three key areas:
- Practical skills in Travel and Tourism: You will be working alongside Level 3 Travel and Tourism students gaining the essential skills needed to thrive in this competitive industry.
- Workskills and employability: You will develop core skills in communication, project management and studentship, both through college-based study and during a two-week work experience placement in a travel and tourism organisation. These skills will make you more employable and enable you to achieve on Level 3 if you choose to progress.
- English and maths: To maximise your employment and progression opportunities, you will retake English and Maths qualifications (if you did not achieve grade C or above at GCSE).
In addition, the course team will mentor you at the end of the course to help you progress onto Level 3 or into employment.
What you'll learn
- meet like minded people on the course, people who are all interested in the industry as a whole
- gain excellent customer service skills which are transferable into any job in the future
- get experience in interviews and techniques used
- work independently within self-study
- build great teamwork skills and the ability to work on group project, planning and events
- have access to great IT facilities, a world of resources and the opportunity to see the industry first hand due to the multiple study trips that are undertaken throughout the year
- have access to experienced people currently working in different sectors of the industry through regular guest speakers
How you'll learn and be assessed
This course focuses on tour operators, holiday centres, tourist attractions, hospitality as well as aviation. All the tutors are subject specialists with first hand knowledge of the industry. You will need to be organised, self-motivated and diligent to complete this course. It will involve elements of self-study as well as team work.
The qualification is run in conjunction with robust GCSE English and GCSE Maths courses to enable the student who wishes to work in the travel and tourism sector the knowledge and skill of customer service, geography and business.
Four GCSEs grade 3 (D) or above including English Language and maths.