This course is fully online, students must have use of a laptop to complete this course.
This is a fully online self-directed, independent study course with tutor support and guidance. Official data showed that over 7,500 people were referred to the Prevent programme in 2015/16. The purpose of this qualification is to support anyone who is responsible for the safeguarding of people and for helping prevent radicalisation. It gives learners an understanding of recognising the signs of abuse, how to reduce the risk of radicalisation and the potential consequences of illegal online activity.
*Please visit our Fees, funding, and bursaries page to see if you are eligible for free enrolment on this course.
What you'll learn
This is a fully online self-directed, independent study course with tutor support and guidance.
- Understanding the Prevent Duty
- Understanding Safeguarding
- Understanding Online Safety
How you'll learn and be assessed
Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Know how to recognise signs of abuse or potential harm
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
NCFE Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2: Online
NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2: Online
NCFE Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2: Online
NCFE Principles of Business Administration Level 2: Online
NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
NCFE Personal Care Needs Level 2: Online
- Be aged 19+
- Live in England
- Been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- Not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- Not completed any part of the course before
- If aged 19-23 must have a Level 2 qualification