This course is fully online, students must have use of a laptop to complete this course.
This is a fully online self-directed, independent study course with tutor support and guidance. Whether you work in the healthcare or fitness industry and want to enhance your knowledge, or whether you just want to make some lifestyle changes yourself, our Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health is perfect for you.
This fully online course will teach you about the role food and exercise play in maintaining health, and what the information on food labelling really means and how to use it correctly. It also covers the different diets that children and older people need to make sure they are fit and strong, as well as what can cause eating disorders and how to manage them. You’ll gain insight into creating a diet and exercise plan that’s tailored to each individual’s needs, and understand how to manage food hygiene to achieve maximum results.
*Please visit our Fees, funding, and bursaries page to see if you are eligible for free enrolment on this course.
What you'll learn
Explore Principles of Healthy Eating:
- Consider Nutritional Needs of a Variety of Individuals
- Use Food and Nutrition Information to Plan a
- The Principles of Weight Management
- Understanding Eating Disorders
How you'll learn and be assessed
Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to
- Increase your understanding of food safety for the
NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
NCFE Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2: Online
NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2: Online
NCFE Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2: Online
NCFE Principles of Business Administration Level 2: Online
NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
NCFE Personal Care Needs Level 2: Online
- Be aged 19+
- Live in England
- Been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- Not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- Not completed any part of the course before
- If aged 19-23 must have a Level 2 qualification