This course is a fully online, self-directed, independent study course with assessor support and guidance. Students must have use of a laptop to complete this course and must be aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August).
Our online course is a great introduction for anyone looking to begin their career in cyber security. With complex online scams and cyber-crime, organisations must have an understanding of preventative measures to maintain cyber security.
In an increasingly digital world, cyber security is fast becoming a main concern for many organisations and we aim to help with the growing demand for cyber security courses in the UK.
What you'll learn
This course will cover:
- introduction to cyber security
- cyber security terminology
- legal and ethical aspects of cyber security
- common threats to cyber security
- methods of maintaining cyber security
- working with others in cyber security
How you'll learn and be assessed
By taking this course you will:
- achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- further your personal and professional development
- learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
To enrol on this course you need to meet the following criteria:
- age 19+
- live in England
- have been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- not currently enrolled in an apprenticeship
- have not completed any part of the course before