Go higher with an employment focused degree at an Activate Learning college. Our programmes are arranged according to levels. Levels refer to learning stages and guide you through our career pathways maps. Our Higher Education programmes typically run from Level 4 (Higher National Certificates and Higher Apprenticeships) through Level 5 (Higher National Diplomas and Foundation Degrees) to Level 6 (Bachelor or Arts or Science Honours Degrees).
Find out about University Level qualifications
HIGHER NATIONAL CERTIFICATE (HNC) – LEVEL 4
An HNC takes one year to complete if studying full-time or two years part-time and is generally the equivalent to the first year of university. It can be used to progress to a Higher National Diploma (HND).
- HNC Business (Distance Learning)
- HND Art and Design
- HNC Construction and Built Environment
- HNC Civil Engineering
- HNC Mechanical EngineeringHNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) – LEVEL 5
- An HND is equivalent to the second year of university and is a work-related course.
- HND Creative Media Production
- HND Mechanical Engineering
- HND Engineering (Electrical/Engineering, Mechanical)
FOUNDATION DEGREE (FDA/FDSC) – LEVEL 5
A Foundation Degree is equivalent to the first two years at University and is a combination of workplace learning and studying at college.
- Animal Related (FdSc): Animal Behaviour and Welfare, Zoo Management, Equine Management, Wildlife and Conservation,
- Companion Animal Behaviour and Welfare, Animal Science
- FdA Business & Enterprise
- FdA Children’s Development and Learning
- FdSc Counselling
- FdA Educational Practice
- FdA Furniture Design and Make
- FdSc Sports Coaching, Fitness and Rehabilitation
TOP-UP BA (HONS) & BSC (HONS) DEGREES – LEVEL: 6
- Animal Related BSc (Hons): Animal Behaviour and Welfare, Zoo Management, Wildlife and Conservation, Animal
- ScienceBA (Hons) Business and Enterprise
- BA (Hons) Education and Lifelong Learning
- BA (Hons) Furniture Design and Make
- BA (Hons) Counselling
- BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching, Fitness and Rehabilitation
PROFESSIONAL GRADUATE/POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION (PGCE) – LEVEL 6/7
Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (Level 6) is for those wishing to become a teacher in the post-compulsory sector or an advanced pathway for those completing a Diploma in Education and Training Level 5.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Level 7) provides training in order to allow graduates to become teachers within maintained schools. In addition to gaining the PGCE qualification itself, those who have successfully completed the course are recommended for qualified teacher status (QTS).