This course is fully online, students must have use of a laptop to complete this course.
This is a fully online self-directed, independent study course with tutor support and guidance. Many people find it helpful to seek counselling at some point in their lives, and a counsellor can provide support for people in all sorts of situations. If you are interested in supporting people to improve their personal well-being, this course will provide you with the correct understanding, knowledge and skills to do that. You will learn about core counselling skills and how to use them in a counselling relationship. You will also be taught about counselling theory and the ethical framework that informs how counsellors use their skills.
*Please visit our Fees, funding, and bursaries page to see if you are eligible for free enrolment on this course.
What you'll learn
- Diversity and Ethics in the Use of Counselling Skills
- Introduction to Counselling Skills Theories
- Counselling Skills and Personal Development
- Using Counselling Skills
How you'll learn and be assessed
You will achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Improve your understanding of how counselling skills work
- Further your personal and professional development
- learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
NCFE Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2: Online
NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2: Online
NCFE Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2: Online
NCFE Principles of Business Administration Level 2: Online
NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
NCFE Personal Care Needs Level 2: Online
- Be aged 19+
- Live in England
- Been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- Not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- Not completed any part of the course before
- If aged 19-23 must have a Level 2 qualification