The HND in Business Management is a modular business programme delivered over two years. On completion, you will have a Level 5 business qualification ,this is the equivalent of a foundation degree.
This full-time HND course has an intensive two-days-a-week timetable. It is a college-based course with classroom teaching combined with home study tasks. We make good use of our Virtual learning Environment (VLE) to ensure that all students have access to recent, up-to-date learning resources.
When you study with Activate Learning, you will belong to a group of students studying the HND and have regular one-to-ones, group interactions and taught sessions with a team of highly qualified teachers with business experience.
The HND will explore core business disciplines alongside units that focus on business management themes. The HND is designed to meet the needs of individuals looking to take on a managerial role working in today’s changing economic landscape.
Home/EU* Fee for September 2023 entry: £6,165 per year
Please note: Tuition fees are published for the first year of entry only and may increase in subsequent years both for new and continuing students in line with an inflationary amount determined by the Office for Students.
*Fee information for European Union (EU) students: If your course starts on or after the 1st August 2021, you will no longer be eligible for financial support from Student Finance England unless you meet one of the following criteria:
- you are able to benefit from the citizens’ rights agreements
- you are an Irish national living in the UK or Republic of Ireland: benefits of Irish nationals under Common Travel Area guidance arrangement will continue
If you are interested in this course and would like an informal, no-obligation chat about the details of the course, how to sign up, or anything else, please get in touch and we’d be happy to help!
What you'll learn
The HND Business Management has 15 units. You will study seven units each year.
The units for year one are:
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Processes and Planning
- Human Resource management
- Leadership and Management
- Accounting Principles
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Business law
- Operations Management
The units for year two are:
- Research Project (Pearson set)
- Organisational Behaviour
- Principles of Operations Management
- Understanding and Leading Change
- Global Business Environment
- Identifying Entrepreneurial Opportunities
- Customer Value management
The year is divided into two semesters, four units will be delivered in each semester.
The HND will also develop your academic writing and research skills and give you the opportunity to develop transferable skills
You may wish to study a different aspect of business and other universities do accept applications into the 3rd year, subject to their own entry requirements.
You will be expected to possess the following:
- A minimum of 64 UCAS points, or
- Relevant Access to Higher Education Diploma, or
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business or a related subject, with at least Merit
- And GCSE grade 4 or above in maths and English (other level 2 qualifications in English and maths may be accepted)
Other entry routes
We will consider a range of alternative qualifications or experience equivalent to the typical offer. Contact us for details if you believe your experience is relevant or you have different qualifications to those stated.
Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate that their level of English is acceptable, by achieving a score in a recognised test such as:
- British Council IELTS: normally minimum level 5.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in the reading and writing components
Access to a computer or laptop at home will help you manage and organise your studies.