This is a part-time leisure course for beginners or people with no previous knowledge of the language who are interested in learning useful everyday phrases and basic grammar.
Examples of topics included:
• Booking a hotel room
• Ordering food in a restaurant
• Useful tourist information
Please note: Our courses run term-time only.
What you'll learn
The main aim of the course is to be able to communicate in everyday situations.
You will be introduced to the language to enable you to communicate effectively in everyday situations at a basic level using all four language skills: speaking, writing, listening and reading.
- You will learn to speak about yourself, meet and greet people
- Order food and drink in a bar and restaurant, ask for the bill
- Understand directions and book a hotel room
- Go shopping for food and clothes and be confident using public transport
- You will be introduced to basic understanding of the grammar
- You will learn about a variety of aspects of the culture in the countries where the language is spoken
The content of our courses may vary according at the discretion of the tutor and the group’s learning pace.
How you'll learn and be assessed
Teaching methods include:
- audio/visual stimulation
- formal instruction
- group and pair work
You will have the chance to use the language in real-life situations through fun and engaging role-plays and lively group discussions. You will also have access to your class learning resources through your college’s online account and will be advised on specialised websites for home learning.
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to develop your language skills according to your own specific needs.
Once you have completed our Fastrack Beginners level you will be able to progress onto the 2nd year. Going forward, we also offer Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Advanced and Fluent levels. The content of this course may vary according to the discretion of the tutor and the group’s learning pace.
For this course you will initially require a notebook and pens.
Your tutor will advise on text books and other learning materials