This is an introductory course in computerised accounts using Sage software. You need to have a good knowledge of double-entry book-keeping to benefit from this course and we recommend that you complete Bookkeeping and Accounts Levels 1 and 2 before it. You also need basic IT skills.
What you'll learn
- Add new account to the Purchase/Sales ledgers. Create accounts in the Nominal Ledger.
- Enter cash, cheque, and other bank transactions.
- Process Sales and Purchase Ledger information i.e. invoices, credit notes, receipts.
- Calculate and reconcile batch totals.
- Print ledgers, balances and accounts.
- Enter VAT codes.
- Produce a trial balance.
- Produce supplier and customer accounts histories.
How you'll learn and be assessed
Formal instruction. Computer based practical exercises.
Examination in week 9 of the course.
Book-keeping Levels 1 and 2 or an alternative qualification or experience from the workplace.