This course is fully online, students must have use of a laptop to complete this course.
There are around 700,000 autistic people in the UK, more than 1 in every 100. If you work with autistic people, or if someone you know is autistic, this course is a great way to increase your knowledge about the condition.
You will learn about autism and how it can affect the ways people communicate, interact and process information. You’ll learn how to support autistic people to live healthy, fulfilled lives. This fully online course will give you essential skills you need when working in mental health. Autism is a spectrum condition that affects how a person communicates with others and how they interpret the world around them. Having a clear understanding of the misconceptions, diagnoses and support surrounding autism are just some of the essential skills needed when working in mental health.
*Please visit our Fees, funding, and bursaries page to see if you are eligible for free enrolment on this course.
What you'll learn
- Introduction to autism
- Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
How you'll learn and be assessed
This is a fully online self-directed, independent study course with tutor support and guidance.
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Increase your understanding of environmental awareness and act as a champion in the workplace
You could progress to one of the following courses:
- NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
- NCFE Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2: Online
- NCFE Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Principles of Business Administration Level 2: Online
- NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
- NCFE Personal Care Needs Level 2: Online
- Aged 19+
- Live in England
- Been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- Not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- Not completed any part of the course before
- If aged 19-23 must have a Level 2 qualification