Based in our glamorous training salon, you will develop a range of practical skills such as hair plaiting, styling, using temporary hair colour and makeup application, whilst developing your nail art techniques and exploring the art of photographic makeup.
Watch our students do a costume media makeup demonstration
What you'll learn
- Introduction to the hair and beauty industry
- Presenting a professional image in a salon
- Hair plaiting
- Themed face painting
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Styling women’s hair
- Basic makeup application
- Nail art application
- Creating a hair and beauty image
- Colouring hair using temporary colour
- Following health and safety in the salon
- The art of photographic makeup
How you'll learn and be assessed
This course is assessed by practical observations, a portfolio of evidence and two exams.
You could progress to one of our Hair, Beauty or Media Make-Up Level 2 programmes.
No entry requirements.